It’s officially the last Friday of the year! 2017 has been such a good year to me. It wasn’t without some difficulties but I’ve made so many friends and have grown in ways I wouldn’t have expected. I’ve already signed up for some races in the next couple months and I’m ready to get started in this season of training. Here are a few goals I have for the new year:
- Get a coach and run a strong marathon in Chicago
- Focus on upper body and core strength throughout marathon training
- Use spring races as “dress rehearsal” for race day routines
- Stretch and foam roll on a consistent basis (5 days a week minimum)
- Enjoy time with friends and loved ones without being attached to my phone
- Do things for the experience, not for the picture
- Make communication a priority and don’t just assume what others are thinking
- Make a daily schedule and plan time for blog/social media work
- Know my limits and don’t be afraid to say no
- Do productive work, don’t just work to fill the time
I plan on checking in with these goals on a monthly basis and see where I am. I plan on running a few smaller races in the spring just to stay active before marathon training as well. 2017 taught me so much and I believe carrying that over and listening to my body will make me much more successful in 2018. I can’t wait to see how it goes!
Do you have any goals for the new year?